Time to get Ready for School With Movies
The kids do not want to hear this, but the school year is going to start very soon.
Before you know it the youngsters will need lunches packed and will be doing homework. Let me tell you, my youngest starts high school this year and couldn't be more thrilled. (Sarcasm)
A positive note about the whole back to school thing, if you are home during the day it will be a lot quieter! Maybe you could catch up on some movies as you have the entire couch to yourself?
There are some great, classic movies about school that maybe you can show the kids before they are back at it. O.K., I wouldn't show them all of these...
According to Cheat Sheet here are The 10 best Comedies About High School and College:
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (1986) Absolute Classic.
- Mean Girls (2004) I know a world touring rock band, that I won't name, that watches this on the bus ALL THE TIME
- 21 Jump Street (2012) Better than I expected!
- Superbad (2007) Fake I.D.'s
- Rushmore (1998) Bill Freakin' Murray
- National Lampoon’s Animal House (1978) Sit down with the teenage boys the night before school starts with this one
- Election (1999)
- School of Rock (2003) Did everyone go to school with a "Jack Black"
- Dazed and Confused (1993) Alright, alright alright....
- Heathers (1988) Christian Slater for the win!