Everything You Need To Know About One of Illinois’ Most Dazzling Winter Events
Stroll On State, one of Rockford's most attended events, is this weekend. Let this be your guide for everything you need to know, the whens, the wheres, the whats, and the parking.
Stroll On State "opens" for everyone at 2 pm and ends at 9 pm.
Whether you're attending the event or not, make note of the road closures.
- All streets within the 'footprint' of the event, which are bordered by Chestnut St., Church St., Jefferson St., and Walnut St. will close no later than 6 a.m. Saturday morning.
If traveling westbound, you will be asked to follow Jefferson St. across the river; if traveling east, please use Chestnut/Walnut St. until 10:30am. Chestnut St. will close completely at 10:30 a.m.
- Main Street, from Cedar St. north to Chestnut Street, will close at 12pm for parade staging. Northbound traffic on IL 2 will be detoured at Cedar St.
- 3rd St./IL 251 (northbound) will be reduced to two lanes from Walnut St to Jefferson St. from 12-5 p.m.
After the tragic incident in Waukesha last week, the City of Rockford has increased security measures around the event.
Chestnut St. (west of Rock River) and Walnut St. (east of Rock River) will be closed to all vehicular traffic from 10:30 a.m. – 9 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 27. Alternative routes will be posted.
Organizers have also added an emergency lane, created by security barricades, to be placed on East and West State Street, between Church St. to 2nd St.
The parade will move through these barricades which will then be open to event pedestrians to walk in this lane and cross safely across State Street.
The lane will also be available to emergency vehicles should the need arise.
Public parking decks near Stroll On State will be open with a fee of $5 per vehicle.
- Main St. North Parking Deck (adjacent to Coronado Theater)
- Church St. South Parking Deck (adjacent to BMO Harris Bank Center)
- Parking is restricted to the general public at the State & Main Deck, and the Elm and Wyman Deck.
Shuttle buses are free to ride and will run continuously every 10 minutes from each location starting at 1:30 p.m. The last shuttles leave the Stroll on State grounds for the final drop-offs at 9:30 p.m.
- YMCA (200 Y Boulevard) (handicapped accessible paratransit buses are available)
- Forest City Church (1280 S. Alpine Road)
- Crusader Clinic (1200 W. State Street)
WHAT TO DO/TIMELINE
- 12:00 pm - Dasher Dash 5K
- 2:00 pm - Stroll on State Parade
- 5:00 pm - Tree lighting at Eddie Green Park (1st & State Street)
- 6:00 pm - Tree lighting at Davis Park
- 7:00 pm - Tree lighting at N. Main & Mulberry Street
- 8:00 pm - Fireworks launched from Jefferson Street Bridge
Davis Park will host Rudolph's Reindeer Village.
You will find horse and wagon rides near Wyman & Elm Street.
There will be three "Letters To Santa" dropoff locations, ice sculpting, fire and ice, ice skating, live performances, Blitzen's Ball (a character dance party), shopping, and food & drinks.
STROLL ON STATE MAP (Click To Download)
Everything else for Stroll On State can be found here.