13 Rockford Area Gym Etiquette Rules
Nothing makes me feel better than a great workout.
You are healthier, you're losing weight, feeling stronger, but do you sweat all over the place and stink the joint up?
I'll admit there has been times that I left the gym and thought dude, you really worked up a healthy lather. Or maybe just maybe my workout brought out a funky, nasty smelling me. There are gym rules people.
Now the reason I bring this up, is for one specific reason. I go do cardio early in the morning before work. I go on an empty stomach, "fasted cardio" and there are three older gentlemen that are also working out. These dudes wear a ton of cologne, like it smells like an 8th grade dance.
- When you get sweaty wipe it up
- Gym-timidator don't be one
- If someone asks if they can work in with you, say yes
- Re-racking weights, do it
- We can all hear you, keep the grunts down
- Personal space, gimmie mine
- Shower time is private time
- Did you get a whiff - see above
- Should you be wearing that
- Is this a flex zone
- There are some exercises you can’t or shouldn’t do, stay safe
- Classroom Super Star, calm don't Arnold
- Hair dryers are for your head