Rockford Born Chad Knaus Wraps up NASCAR Crew Chief Career
Born and raised in Rockford, attended Jefferson High School, Chad Knaus will go down in racing history as the best Pit Crew Chief in NASCAR history.
Chad was a seven time champion, think about that. In a sport that leans on the unpredictable and dances with danger, Chad Knaus has seven NASCAR Championships. There is something to be said about a team that wins so much, that they kinda become hated...because they are so good. Sure his driver Jimmy Johnson has a million fans and was one of racings most celebrated...but on the flip side is the haters. That means you are doing it right.
Congrats to Rockford's Chad Knaus on taking his passion and love of the sport of racing, and turning it into an historic career. Should be interesting to see what road you take next in NASCAR.
For those that love the Chad Knaus/Jimmy Johnson tag team, HERE is 50 moments from Chad's historic career.
Here's a few:
- Cup Series championship at Homestead-Miami Speedway in 2006
- 2006 Championship Crew Chief Award
- Hendrick Motorsports' 150th NASCAR Cup Series victory on March 11, 2007
- Brickyard 400 - 2006 & 2009
- New Hampshire Motor Speedway 50th career win as crew chief, 2009
TACKLE THESE: Check Out the Best Uniforms In Each NFL Team's History