Questions That Need To Be Answered Before Illinois Gets Legal Weed
Before Illinois gets legal pot, there are some questions that need to be answered.
Newly elected Illinois Governor, JB Pritzker, dropped a bomb last week. He stated one of the first things on his agenda when he officially takes office is to legalize recreational cannabis.
I wish it was as simple as it sounds.
According to rrstar.com,
"Issues to iron out before legal recreational marijuana available in Illinois."
- Who would be the distributors?
- What kind of tax would there be?
- Age restrictions?
- Penalties for abuse?
- What problems have occurred in other states?
- Reasonable potential income?
- Limits on the potency?
- The number of licenses?
- Priorities for small businesses?
- Including minority business owners?
- Allow homegrown?
By the way, if you were wondering...
"Voters don’t need to approve legalization. Pritzker can just sign legislation passed by lawmakers in the state House and Senate."
Video: Rockford IceHogs Josh McArdle is the first local kid to play for the team