Legendary Chicago Bears Players who Grew Up Not Far from Rockford
There are some athletes that grew up not that too far away from Rockford that played for the Chicago Bears.
I know not everybody feels the same way I do. I think it's cool when an athlete goes to the pros and they end up playing for their hometown team.
For example, when Chris Zorich got drafted by the Chicago Bears. He grew up in the city and being a fan of the team.
The Bears recently picked Cole Kmet. He's from Lake Barrington, Illinois. Of course, he's a Bears fan.
The Monsters of the Midway could use some help at running back, so I was hoping they would sign Rockford Lutheran alumni, James Robinson. Unfortunately, he's going to Jacksonville. I hope he does well there.
Not only have there been plenty of people from Illinois that have played in Chicago, but there are also some great ones on that list. Check out this roster.
- Emery Moorehead - from Evanston & 85 Bears.
- Tom Thayer - from Joliet & '85 Bears.
- Gary Fencik - from Barrington & '85 Bears.
- Ed O'Bradovich - from Melrose Park & '63 Champs.
- Red Grange - from Wheaton & helped to make NFL popular.
- Dick Butkus - from Chicago & Hall of Famer.
- George Halas - from Chicago & team founder.
That's a pretty impressive list.
Video: Details about "The Pretender" An Inspiring Story of "Rocky" Super-Fan Mike Kunda