Illinois Thief Must Have Ultimate Set Of Tools To Steal ATM Money
There have been many unsuccessful robberies of ATM machines in Illinois but could this time we finally have a winner?
ATM Machine Robberies Gone Bad In Illinois
It seems there's a trend where the thieves think it's a good idea to steal the whole machine. That gets really messy. It also tends to create a lot of damage, brings unwanted attention to the incident, and leaves clues behind for the police. Here are a few examples of how ATM machine robberies didn't go as planned.
- These thieves used a van to pull it out of the restaurant. One of the suspects was injured. Plus, a lot of damage to the business. That makes the crime more serious.
- If this case, the thieves pulled the ATM machine right out of the ground. It was way too heavy and they had to abandon the operations with nothing.
- This time around the thief climbed on the roof of a bar to sneak in to steal stuff. He cleaned out the place of cash including the ATM machine. Of course, there's surveillance video footage of the robbery so it's just a matter of time before they make an arrest.
- A group of dumb criminals in Illinois tried to steal an ATM with a U-Haul. In the long run, they got nothing out of it. They did cause major damage to the vehicle and the machine. They left the truck behind. I'm guessing they had to fill out paperwork to rent it. Can you say busted?
- At first glance, this might sound like a successful robbery. Well, they robbed it as workers were filling the machine with money. So, you have witnesses and security cameras. It didn't take long for the bank to send out photos of the thieves.
- This seems like a smooth crime but they still have to get the machine open to take the money. That's no easy task.
Could This Be An Actual Successful ATM Machine Robbery
Chicago police said someone pried open a bank ATM and stole money on Sunday.
This seems a little bit sneakier and more on the down-low. I'm thinking they will still probably get arrested for the crime.