Five Things to Make fun of in Rockford
It's Friday, let's put away our crazy pants and have some fun.
With all the serious lately, we all need a good laugh. Nothing turns my frown upside down quicker than making fun of myself. If you take yourself "too serious", the stress of life will eat you alive. I am always to first to laugh at myself and my random stupid mistakes.
So let's make fun of "us", Rockford. Let's sit back and crack on the Forrest City and all the comedy that comes along with living and working here. I mean, if being known across the country at the "Screw City" isn't funny enough and doesn't make you giggle.
I am not a stand-up comedian, but "I" think I'm funny. Let's give this a shot and see what happens, here are Five Things to Make Fun of in Rockford. If these offend you in any way shape or form, you're welcome.
- I don't know what's scarier about the Rock River, the rancid smell or the three-eyed fish that swim in it.
- I'm not saying the guy that created The Symbol was high, but yes, yes he was.
- What kind of city would we be if we had a mayor that looked like Napoleon Dynamite...Oh wait, too late.
- Traffic is so bad in Rockford the only way to get home from work on time is to take the day off. Even then, you’re cutting it close.
- What's the difference between someone that lives in Rockford and a baby? The baby will stop whining after awhile.
If you want REAL funny George Lopez will be at The Coronado on July 21st.