Chicagoland Movie Homes
Want to get touristy this weekend, here's an idea.
Some iconic movies have been filmed in the Chicagoland area. A lot of these blockbusters were actually filmed on location and not all done in a studio. Spoiler alert, the Christmas Vacation house which is supposed to be based in Chicago was done on a set. The scene where Clark is hanging the lights you can actually see that the sky is a painted backdrop.
So let's say you wanted to see some actual real movie homes, where should you go? According to Thrillist here are Seven Iconic Movie homes in the Chicagoland Area and where to find them.
- Home Alone House - 671 Lincoln Ave, Winnetka
- Sixteen Candles - 3022 Payne St, Evanston
- The Fugitive - 336 W. Wisconsin, Chicago
- Groundhog Day - 334 Fremont St, Woodstock
- Ferris Bueller's Day Off - 370 Beech St, Highland Park
- Risky Business - 1258 Linden St, Highland Park
- Planes, Trains, and Automobiles - 230 Oxford Rd, Kenilworth
I have been to Woodstock and seen the Groundhogs Day bed and breakfast, you can also drive through the downtown where they shot a bunch of the repeating festival scenes.