Best Birding Locations in Illinois
I was looking at our Facebook page yesterday and the story about the Eagle's nest in Kirkland. By the way, I didn't know "birding" was a word.
You people sure do love your bird sightings, wow.
I can remember when I first started here and learning about the amount of people that were watched the eagles nest live cam, just insane. So I was wondering what I could do to help you bird loving people.
According to Trails here are the Top 10 Bird Sighting Locations in Illinois:
- Mississippi Palisades State Park - Savanna
- Starved Rock and Matthiessen State Parks - Ottawa
- Chain O' Lakes State Park - Rosecrans
- Sugar River Forest Preserve and Alder Tract - Right here, in Rockford
- Crabtree Nature Center, Palatine Marsh, and Vicinity - Barrington
- Montrose Harbor, Magic Hedge, Lincoln Park Bird Sanctuary, & Belmont Harbor - Chicago
- Kankakee River State Park, Momence Wetlands, and Sod Farms - Kankakee
- Moraine View State Park - LeRoy
- Siloam Springs State Park - Quincy
- Carlyle Lake and Eldon Hazlet State Park - Salem
I do have some amazing bird feedings in my backyard. Not nearly as cool as these places thought. I have Cardinals, Woodpeckers, Finches, a Bluejay every once in a while.