Are Your Kids Safe at Home Alone in our Area?
A lot of talk recently about Joseph Jakubowski and keeping people safe in our area.
In case you haven't heard, Joseph Jakubowski became the subject of a FBI-led search after allegedly stealing weapons from a Janesville gun store. There was also a large letter mailed to President Trump, being described as an anti-religion and anti-government letter that issued threats to schools.
Where he is right now, no one knows. Obviously he is considered a threat and is armed and dangerous. I've been getting e-mails and info about schools on lock down and and local businesses being on high alert.
A lot of people have kids that are home alone for a few hours. Are your kids safe home alone, are they ready for any sort of unpredictable situation?
- Have a Plan - What to do in the event of an emergency. Phone numbers, relatives and friends.
- Fully Stocked First Aid Kit – Everything from band-aids to flashlights.
- Lock Up The Dangers – Guns, knives, anything dangerous.
- Check in Hourly - call, text, and have them do the same.
- Ground Rules - Don't use the stove, limit time online, etc
- Prevent Boredom - Make sure the kids have things to do, keep them busy so their minds don't wander.
- Red Cross Courses - Having your kids CPR ready.