Wisconsin Family Roasted After Fire Pit Catches Their House on Fire
A Janesville family asked the Janesville Fire Department to share their story in hopes of keeping other families safe. There are three lessons to be learned from this article.
A family in Janesville were enjoying the weather and having a good 'ole time around their fire pit one pleasant evening. When they were finished with family fire pit time someone extinguished the fire and went on with their night. This is something they've probably done time and time again.
1. BE EXTRA CAREFUL WHERE YOUR PLACE YOUR MOBILE FIRE PIT
What had escaped their mind was the proximity of the fire pit, which is probably the same story for more families than are willing to admit.
The campfire pit was on the rear deck and the family put water on the fire before going to bed.
The firepit caught the deck on fire, which spread to the home, according to the post.
2. BE NICE
Instead of sharing their story for others to see or showing a little bit of empathy, in comes the trolls who (I guess) live mistake-free lives.
The bottom comment is a point that needs to be made in that I'm willing to be more families than not have a grill on their WOOD deck or patio. I highly doubt this an uncommon occurrence. Many folks may assume their grill is a safe enough distance from their home but if the grill is on or still dangerous warm, a big problem could arise if it were to fall over.
If you lack the ability to put together a grammatically correct response, just stop.
3. SUPPORT ONE ANOTHER
Thankfully, you can find a few supportive/empathetic people on social media, at least one.
You all are mean. They know that it wasn't a good idea. They posted this so others will look and read the rules on fire pits. I bet one of you do the same thing. They wanted to be comfortable on there deck and have a fire and have a good time. They probably have done it time after time and nothing has happen. I fell sorry for you people that are saying that stuff. Karma will find you and get you. For the family that this happen to I'm sorry to see this happen to you.
Janesville Firepartment also shared a link to the regulations regarding fire pits and grills which may not apply to your area but are definitely worth reading.