5 Awesome Wines Under $5
Time to crack open a bottle and celebrate National Drink Wine Day!
I love wine. Let me repeat, I love wine.
For a long time I worked in the hospitality industry. From sports bars, fine dining establishments and even once working for a celebrity chef. I enjoyed all I learned about food and wine. It was something that I will carry with me the rest of my life.
Does that training make me a Master Sommelier? No, but it did teach me enough knowledge to know a good wine when I taste one.
To celebrate National Wine Day on a budget, why not pick up a bottle? Here are five of my favorite wines, all under $5.
1. Trader Joe's Charles Shaw Wines - $2.99 - These wines are amazing. They come in Merlot, Chardonnay, Zinfandel, Cabernet and many others. No matter what grape varietal you would like, Charles Shaw has got your back. It's a California wine, and like my sommelier friend has told me before, you can never go wrong with a Cali wine.
2. Flirty Bird Savignon Blanc - $3.99 - If I could, I would take a bath in this. I got a bottle once from Aldi, and let me tell you it is worth every penny. You can taste notes of apple and citrus and it's so light and refreshing it's already making me dream of summer time.
3. Oak Leaf Sweet Red - $2.97 - Seriously the name says it all. Trust me on this one.
4. Jaume Serra Cristalino Brute - $4.99 - Everyone likes a sparkling wine now and then! This is full of bubbles, light, crisp and delicious. Want to know a secret? Get really creative and add a shot glass full of peach schnapps to a glass full. Whoa baby. Taste bud explosion.
5. Three Wishes Cabernet Sauvignon - $3.99 - A staple in my basket every time I shop at Whole Foods. It is the perfect wine to bring to any special occasion, as it is the most friendly 'red-wine-even-white-wine-drinkers' like.
Happy National Drink Wine Day!