These Excuses Might Help You Get Out Of A Speeding Ticket
If you get pulled over for speeding, these excuses might help you get out of a ticket.
I've had it happen to me a few times in my life and I'm sure you have too. I'm running late, so I start driving over the speed limit to try to make up time. The next thing I know, there are flashing lights behind me. A police officer has pulled me over. I can never think of a good excuse to get out of the ticket, so I end up having to pay a fine.
Well, my luck might now change.
According to click2houston.com,
"This is how some people got out of a speeding ticket."
- A new survey finds the vast majority of drivers freely admit to speeding.
- 82% admit driving over the speed limit by as much as 15 miles per hour.
Here are some excuses that worked.
- 24% claimed said they didn't realize they were speeding.
- 18% said they were late for work.
- 14% remarked they were going as fast as everyone else.
- 50% of the drivers avoided speeding tickets by providing an excuse.
- 41% that asked for a warning received it instead of a ticket.
Something to think about as you're traveling around the state line area over the Labor Day Weekend Holiday.
Video: Comedian Bert Kreischer talks bike riding pain, not drinking, & tour buses