The Most Progressive Pot Bill in The COUNTRY Will be in Illinois, Here’s The Official Details
Governor JB Pritzker unveiled his Illinois legal marijuana plan this past weekend, and it's a BIG one.
According to NPR the governors plan will put Illinois way ahead the game when it comes to legalizing marijuana. With Illinois deeply in debt, these extreme measures could finally find the state going in the right financial direction.
"This is going to be the most progressive, most just adult-use cannabis bill in the country" - State Rep Jehan Gordon-Booth, D-Peoria
Here are some very interesting details on Gov. Pritzker's plan:
- Recreational marijuana sales will begin Jan. 1, 2020 for adults over the age of 21.
- Weed and marijuana-infused products will be available at "licensed dispensaries".
- Taxes on pot products - 10% to 25%, depending on the strength and type.
- Local governments would get to have a say on taxes too.
- People who were previously convicted of weed involved crime. to have those records expunged.
- Jobs and programs designed to attract women and people of color to this new Illinois business