How To Properly Store Your Legal Pot In Illinois To Keep It Fresh
You've spent a lot of money to purchase that legal marijuana in Illinois so you better know how to take care of it.
Importance Of Storing Your Marijuana Properly
Like any product you purchase with your hard-earned money, you want to make sure you take proper care of it. That goes with legal recreational cannabis too. That stuff isn't cheap so you want to make sure none of it goes to waste. There are definitely do's and don'ts to keep it fresh.
Whether you’re smoking boof, rolling up, or ripping a bong, without proper storage, you’re wasting your weed.
Exposure to oxygen, sunlight, and heat are all factors that will degrade the flavor and freshness of your flower.
How Not To Store Your Marijuana To Keep It Fresh
- Avoid Plastic: I know this sounds weird because many people keep their weed in baggies or a Tupperware container. It would seem to keep it fresh like with food but it doesn't. The material can cause a static charge that can destroy the pot.
- Don't Keep It Cold: Some people keep their marijuana in the freezer or refrigerator. The cold temperatures will also harm the flower.
- Keep The Fruit Away: Have you ever heard of people putting an orange peel in the baggy with their weed? This doesn't help. All it will do is cause your pot to get moldy.
- No Clear Glass: If you keep your weed in a mason jar or another clear glass container, make sure you keep it out of the light because it will damage the plant.
- Death To Metal: Containers made out of metal can give your cannabis a weird taste.
Proper Ways To Store Marijuana To Keep It Fresh
- Paper Or Plastic: While looking for a short-term solution for pot storage, paper is a good option. Also, cling wrap can be used the same way.
- Airtight Glass Works Best: In the ideal situation, you would use smoked or colored glass. If you have a clear container option, then make sure to keep it out of bright light.
- Parchment Paper: I'm not even sure what this is but it seems to work, so it could be a good option.
- Aluminum Foil: If you just plan on putting your weed aside for a bit, this is a good way to store it. Avoid this method if you are handling your pot a lot because it could cause damage to the flower.
- Humidor: If money is no object, then this is the method for you. Just remember you can't use it for both cannabis and tobacco at the same time because they require different levels of humidity.
- Humidity Packets: Another great way to store your weed if you plan on not using it for a while.
Hopefully, that information is helpful for you. Maybe, it will save you some cash along the way.