Rockford Officially Renamed ‘Trickford’ In Honor of Cheap Trick
The City of Rockford and the Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau have come together to celebrate our hometown heroes, Cheap Trick in the biggest way possible.
Today, Cheap Trick will become the first Rockfordians to be honored at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Ceremony in New York.
This is an honor that many of us feel has been long-overdue.
In the next few months, Mayor Larry Morrissey and all of Rockford will be joining together to celebrate Cheap Trick. This is going to be HUGE! Here is what we can look forward to seeing in the next few months:
- The City of Rockford will be renamed, The City of Trickford. Mayor Morrissey has signed a proclamation into effect.
- New 'Welcome to Trickford' signs will be installed at the city's gateway entrances.
- Cheap Trick will takeover outdoor billboards and streetlight pole banners.
- A new website, GoTrickford.com, has launched celebrating the band.
- Spring Creek Road will be renamed Rick Nielsen Parkway.
- Buckingham Drive will be renamed Tom Petersson Terrace.
- Waterview Road (Machesney Park) will be renamed Robin Zander Place.
- Parkview Avenue will be renamed Bun E. Carlos Avenue.
- The Cheap Trick Fan Trail will launch tours for leisure travelers and residents alike.
Finally, the Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau is in the early stages of planning a two-day celebratory music festival for early fall.