Patrick Kane Is Playing Charity Game In Geneva
Chicago Blackhawk's star, Patrick Kane, will be playing in a charity hockey game at Fox Valley Ice Arena in Geneva, Illinois.
What does one of the best hockey players in the world do during the offseason?
He's giving back to the community by participating in a charity hockey game.
According to letsgohawks.net,
- The first ever Chicago Hockey Charity Classic
- Saturday August 5 at 3p
- At the Fox Valley Ice Arena in Geneva, Illinois
- Benefiting Chicago Special Olympics
The game will feature Chicago Blackhawk and NHL alumni. The players will be divided up into two teams.
Team Patrick Kane
Vs Team Vinny Hinostroza (Blackhawks top prospect who last season spent time between the Rockford IceHogs and Chicago)
Some of the other players involved
- Eddie Olczyk - Blackhawks TV announcer
- Dale Tallon - Former Blackhawks General Manager
- Brandon Pirri - Former Rockford IceHog
- Ben Eager - Stanley Cup Champion Blackhawk
- Sheldon Brookbank - Stanley Cup Champion Blackhawk
- Steve Poapst - Former IceHogs assistant coach
- Reid Simpson - Former UHL IceHog
- Bob Nardella - Former UHL IceHog
- And many more
To be able to see Patrick Kane play in such a small arena is awesome.
Video: Patrick Kane Career Highlights
The Chicago Blackhawks Alumni Association does great work in the Chicago area community. Any event they are involved in is always a good time.
Last summer, I went one of their events at the same rink. It was so much fun and I got to meet a bunch of former Blackhawks including Murray Bannerman & Troy Murray. Plus, I got to be the announcer for the event.
The Fox Valley Ice Arena only seats 3,000, so don't wait too long to purchase tickets. It will sell out quickly.
Video: Comedian Bob Zany with the Zany Report