Learn More About Medical Marijuana In Chicago
There is an opportunity to find out more about medical marijuana during a seminar being held in Chicago.
A hot political topic of conversation lately is the legalization of marijuana.
Should it be legal?
If you are a person on the fence, there is a chance for you to learn more.
"Want to better understand the science behind medical cannabis? Wondering if you or someone you know could benefit from treatments? Interested in learning how the Illinois legislature approves new conditions for the program? State Senator Don Harmon, industry experts, physicians, patients and a pharmacist will discuss the Illinois Medical Cannabis Program and share anecdotal evidence of its successes and challenges."
The event is called "Medical Cannabis 101."
- April 9th 6:30p-8:30p
- mHub 965 W. Chicago Ave in Chicago
- $20 includes light appetizers and beverages
Discussion topics will include...
- Testimonials: Success and Challenges of Treatments.
- The science behind the treatments.
- Qualifying conditions and legislative options.
- Overview of IL Medical Cannabis Program.
- Highlights of Pending Medical Cannabis Legislation.
Guest speakers include...
- Senator Don Harmon, D-Oak Park, Illinois Senate President Pro Tempore
- Dr. Rahul Khare, CEO, Innovative Express Care
- Dr. Steven Salzman, Medical Director, Green Care Medical
- Dr. George Gavrilos, Chief Pharmacy Officer, Green Care Medical
- Dr. Jay Joshi, MD, DABA, DABA-PM, FABA-PM, CEO/Medical Director – National Pain Centers
- Ayesha Akhtar, MPH, Director of Education, Epilepsy Foundation Greater Chicago
- Moderator - Lauren Cohn, Chicago Journalist
How do you feel about legalizing marijuana?
I believe it should be legal. Our state could definitely use the tax money.
No word if there will be any samples available at the event.
Video: Will There Be a Led Zeppelin 50th Anniversary Show?