Homeless Man Tried to Steal Home From Iowa Cubs
Des Moines, Iowa police arrested a man for attempting to literally steal home at Principal Park, where the Iowa Cubs play.
According to KCCI Daniel Igel did the following:
- Climbed a fence at the ballpark to enter
- TOLD the officers he was there to steal home plate
- Hid in the dugout to avoid the cops
- Didn't get a sign from the 3rd base coach
- Was arrested for felony burglary
I can remember being in Little League, when you can actually steal bases, and getting a terrible jump off of 3rd base and attempting to steal home on a passed ball. I totally got nailed at home and was kind of embarrassed. I wonder if that's how Daniel felt?