Five Ways to be Local And a Good Human on Earth Day, or Something
I rode my mountain bike a lot yesterday, and I refuse to liter...I'm doing my part for Mother Earth.
If you are looking for some local things to help out the planet a small bit, check this out:
- Buy a new tree, bush, or flowers to plant in your yard from a local nursery.
- Sign up to participate with Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful they are always looking for helpful hands.
- Visit the Nicholas Conservatory's "Simple Spring Butterfly Exhibit" and soak in the beauty (the kids will love it)
- There are a BUNCH of great trails and with great weather ahead, 11 amazing hiking trails in Illinois.
- Volunteer at the Olson Dog Park helping with clean up is important.