Enjoy An Amazing Beach Vacation Without Leaving Illinois
Without leaving Illinois, enjoy an amazing beach vacation.
I am a big fan of taking vacations. My family and I try to go on one every summer. It is nice to get away for a few days to just relax.
When I was younger and went on a trip, I wanted to go somewhere with lots of things to do and keep busy the entire time. I was not big on beaches back in those days.
Nowadays, when I am out of town, I just want to chill. Give me the beach, I will be fine. Nothing else is necessary.
Going To The Beach
Like I said, going to the beach is my number one choice for a relaxing vacation. The only problem is that sort of trip requires lots of prep.
It means leaving the state and flying somewhere. Most of those locations are resort towns. That brings the cost up higher.
It would be nice to be able to visit a beach without going on a serious trip. Well, do not look any farther because believe it or not, Illinois has plenty of nice beaches to spend some time with the family.
According to onlyinyourstate.com,
"Illinois is known for its corn and its prairies, but not necessarily for its beaches. Nevertheless, there are some really great beaches where you can take the whole family (and sometimes Fido!), sit on the sand, swim, and soak up the summer rays."
Here are some nice Illinois beaches to check out this summer.
- Illinois Beach State Park in Zion - I remember going there several times as a kid and always having a good time.
- Lighthouse Beach in Evanston - That is a very nice area so I am sure the beach will be too.
- Oak Street Beach in Chicago - My absolute favorite in Chicago and Illinois. In high school and college during the summer, my friends and I went there all the time.
- Sunrise Park in Lake Bluff - My cousins used to live by this beach, so I have been there a couple of times. Another great spot to chill.
- Northwestern Beach in Evanston - Another beach just north of Chicago on Lake Michigan. It is not the easiest town to get to from Rockford but worth the trip.
- Glencoe Beach in Chicago - It is on my bucket list of places to check out in Illinois this summer.
- Rend Lake in Benton - A little bit of a farther drive but a nice little getaway.
- Lake Shelbyville in Shelby County - I have heard about this place for years, maybe this is the year I actually go for a visit.
- Montrose Beach in Chicago - Another great Chicago beach that gives you the best of both worlds.
Hopefully, that will keep you busy this summer.
This Nautical Illinois Airbnb Has Its Own Private Beach
Video: Rockford Discovery Center is fun for children of all ages, even adults!