Captain Jack’s Favorite Rocky Movies
Not only is it a May-tallica Memorial Day Weekend, but we are going to "guy-it-up" even more by giving away copies of the movie Creed.
Nothing is more "manly" than beers, some BBQ, cranking up The Eagle, and watching Rocky movies.
This weekend 96.7 The Eagle will be giving away copies of the move "Creed". While it's not officially a Rocky movie, it is part of the Rocky family.
I watched this on the plane on my way to New York, and I was really surprised! This was a very good movie, and Stallone once again impressed critics and me as well.
This is the story of Apollo Creed's son that never new him, and his rise to fame in the boxing world. He searches out Rocky for guidance and the rest is movie magic.
Here is my order of the best Rocky movies, best to worst:
- 1. Rocky (1976) - This movie broke ground. I watched a documentary on the making of the original and it made me love it even more.
- 2. Rocky III (1982) - Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr. T. You loved to hate him, and the "bad guy" thing was alive and well.
- 3. Rocky IV (1985) - USA vs USSR. The outdoor training chapter, if that doesn't get you bumped, you are dead inside.
- 4. Creed (2015) - Pumps you up, tugs at your heart, Michael B. Jordan is a future movie megastar.
- 5. Rocky V (1990) - Oh Tommy Gunn, the parking lot fight against a brain dead Rocky was pretty sweet.
- 6. Rocky Balboa (2006) - It ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. Oh Rocky, you shoulda retired but you just wanted one more. I was totally cool with that.
- 7. Rocky II (1979) - The sequel that stunk. It was slow, I still fall asleep watching it.