11 Ways to Stay Positive in Rockford
Sometimes you just wake up on the wrong side of the bed.
Very rarely do I receive negative messages about what we do around here, but every once in a great while there is someone what has a case of the "crabby".
I had an e-mail exchange with a fella that I don't think was in the "right state of mind", altering his ability to hold a quality conversation. I tend to stay on the positive, take the high road with negative people. I think the quote is, "kill them with kindness".
After listening to his mind numbing chatter, I thought to myself this guy appears to be having a bad day. Or a bad life. What ideas can I share with people on how to stay positive and just be happy?
- Find the optimistic viewpoint in a negative situation - Listen to the negativity and find "something" good in it.
- Live in a positive environment - It could be the friends you are around, or even avoiding social media for a while.
- Go slow - The world goes fast, take a deep breath
- Don’t make a mountain out of a molehill - What starts as a little issue can turn into a huge issue in a matter of moments.
- Don’t let vague fears hold you back from doing what you want - Sometimes taking a chance and stepping out can make a huge difference.
- Add value and positivity to someone else’s life - If you give out positive vibes, you are very likely to get them back.
- Exercise regularly and eat and sleep well - Go for a walk, eat chicken and a veggie once a week instead of pizza 7 nights a week.
- Learn to take criticism in a healthy way - Everyone won't agree with you. It's all in how you handle it.
- If something still gets under your skin then know what to do - You try and try, but can't reach someone. Have a game plan in case the worst actually happens.
- Mindfully move through your day - Don't focus on negative, be productive and think happy thoughts.