11 Tips to get rid of These Annoying Box Elder Bugs
As I stare out my office window, Box Elder Bugs stare back.
They are on my window, stuck inside my overhead light, and appear randomly in the studio. I just really want these annoying little fellas out of here. As summer turns to fall these guys are here for one reason and one reason only, to make us say, "yuck".
You know it's not like they are going to bite you, or sting you, they are kind of like your in-laws, just there to annoy you.
- Seal your home - Caulk.
- Vacuuming box elder bugs - Caulk then suck.
- Boric Acid - A little sprinkle is the dance of death.
- Diatomaceous earth - This will dehydrate them and they die.
- Cedar Oil Bug Spray - the added bonus is that it smells good I guess.
- Neem Oil bug spray - Makes the bugs stop eating and they be dead.
- Essential oil box elder bug spray - peppermint, clove and eucalyptus oil.
- Water and Dish Soap bug spray - Easy to use and cheap.
- Garlic bug spray - Do not add to your pasta.
- Lemon juice and vinegar bug spray - If you want the spray to kill add essential oils or dish soap.
- Box elder bug traps - They swarm to "white" painted building. Who knew they were racist too.