You Can Get Paid $1000 To Watch 15 Hours of ‘The Office’
If you sit down to watch TV, flip through your streaming platforms and end up watching 'The Office' again, this contest is for you.
USDish is looking to team up with one person to watch 15 hours (about 45 episodes) of the show, celebrating 15 years of the show's debut.
Dish says this won't be a 'Scott's Tots' situation, they actually will be paying out the $1000. You'll have to keep detailed notes, and complete a checklist with tallies of how many times common things happen during an episode. Stuff like:
- How many times does Stanley roll his eyes at the camera?
- How many times does Phyllis mention Bob Vance from Vance Refrigeration?
- How many times does Jim make that face at the camera?
To me, this doesn't even seem like a challenge. You could watch about two hours a day and be done by the 8th day. That's nothing. The full series is only 72 hours. If you watch 8 hours a day, you'll be through the whole series in the 9 days. Easy peasy.
They want you to be able to share stuff to your social media, like your opinions of episodes, theories, etc.
The benefits that come with the challenge are:
- Winner's Kit of The Office swag (Dundie, "World's Best Boss" mug, Jell-O, stapler)
- Netflix gift card
- Freedom to complete the challenge wherever you want
If you want to throw your hat in the ring, you just have to head over to Dish's website to apply. Get your application in before 6pm on March 16th.
There might be a lot of applicants, but just remember:
"You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take.