Yard Waste Pick Up In Rockford Area Starting Up Again Soon
Spring must be getting close because yard waste pick up will be starting up in the Rockford area soon.
I didn't quite get to raking my leaves last fall. I figured I'll take care of them in the spring.
The main reason I like snow in the winter is so I don't have to look at how trashed my lawn is and how much work I'll have to do when the weather gets nice.
I know we've been teased by "Mother Nature" with some spring-like temperatures, but I thought I would still have a few weeks.
Do you have the "Next Door" app for your neighborhood? It's kind of cool. It basically gives you an update on what's going in your area. A bunch of the people on my block is on it.
This week there was a post about "Yard Waste Pick Up Starts on March 19th."
That just means I have some serious yard work to do very soon, but I did think it would be good information to share.
From rockriverdisposel.com, Rockford Yard Waste Collection.
The 2018 Yard Waste Season will resume in the following area on the given dates provided below.
- City of Rockford – Starts March 19 through November 30, 2018.
- Village of Machesney Park – Starts April 2nd through November 30, 2018.
- City of Loves Park – Starts April 2nd through November 30, 2018.
- City of South Beloit – Starts April 2nd through November 30, 2018.
- Village of Rockton – Starts April 2nd through November 30, 2018.
- Winnebago County where provided – Starts April 2nd through November 30, 2018.
Please be advised.
- Only collected when placed in compostable paper bags or in garbage cans clearly marked with a large “X” visible from the street.
- Branches and limbs less than 4” in diameter bundled with string and don’t exceed four feet in length, three feet in diameter and 50 pounds by weight.
- Please review your municipality to clarify limits and restrictions.
It looks like the weather is going to start getting better. I've got a lot to work to do and I'm not looking forward to it.