What To Give Up In Rockford For Lent?
What are some things in Rockford that you could give up for Lent?
I grew up Catholic, so the day after Fat Tuesday is Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent.
As a kid, that meant no meat on Fridays and giving something I enjoyed up until Easter. It was usually something like candy or soda. When I was older, I gave up drinking one year.
I use to joke that I would give up going to school or work. That never went over well with my parents. They would say you have to give up something you like.
That got me thinking. I'm sure there are plenty of people trying to figure out what they are going to do for Lent this year. I can help you with that.
Here's a list of things in Rockford to give up for Lent.
- Cheddar Fries - Everybody loves them. It'll seem like there's a Beef A Roo on every corner.
- Video Gambling Machines - They are in every Rockford bar, so whenever you go out you'll have to leave that money in your pocket.
- Beer - You're going to be jonesing for your favorite local craft beer from places like Prairie Street and Carlyle.
- Donuts - Do you have a sweet tooth? Avoid driving by By The Dozen, Dough Boys, and those other tasty Rockford area donut shops.
- Social Media - A little break won't hurt. Don't worry Rockford Scanner and Rockford Mugshots will still be there after your done.
Are you going to give up anything for Lent this year? If so, what?
Video: Scott Paddock from Chicagoland Speedway Announces New Race Weekend For 2018