Even though you have an I-PASS, there's still a chance you can get a violation. If you do, here's how to handle it.

I have an I-PASS for my car, but a few weeks ago I got a letter stating I had a violation. My transponder malfunctioned, so my payment wasn't deducted after driving through a toll.

I was able to take care of the problem and my account was fixed.

The common issues that occur for users are the unit isn't mounted properly or your information changes.

From illinoistollway.com, here's what to do if it happens to you.

"Call 800-UC-IPASS (800-824-7277) or visit any of the customer service centers (closest is at the Belvidere Oasis) and a customer service representative will assist you to resolve the violation notice."

For me, my credit card expired. I updated it and was able to get the fines removed by talking to customer service.


Video: What's in a Headbanger?


More From 96.7 The Eagle