The RACVB Has Some Great Ideas For Fall Fun
The Rockford Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (RACVB) knows pretty much every spot where Fall fun and adventure is taking place--and they're sharing.
Even though the first official day of fall takes place on September 22nd, there are plenty of really cool seasonal activities taking place both before and after the start of the season.
I just got a email from the RACVB with a preview of some of this area's events and activities. There's really something for everyone.
Let's run down a few for you:
- Roscoe Lions Club Fall Festival (Sept. 7 - 9) at Leland Park - The annual Fall Festival features amusement rides, live music, parades and fireworks.
- Greenwich Village Art Fair (Sept. 15 - 16) at Rockford Art Museum - The longest-running art fair of its kind in the Midwest features up to 150 artists, live music, vendors and children's activities.
- World War II Days (Sept. 22 - 23) at Midway Village Museum - This event is the largest World War II era re-enactment in the United States and includes elaborate battles complete with tanks, armored vehicles and pyrotechnic displays.
- Fall For Rockford (Sept. 22) in Downtown Rockford - Rediscover Rockford's best tastes, sights and sounds as you walk through downtown's historic River District at this premier outdoor food and music festival.
- Cycle on 2nd (Sept. 23) at the southbound portion of N. 2nd St. from the Auburn St. interchange to State St. - Enter the route any time between 7 - 8:45 a.m. Grab your bike and your family and friends and enjoy some traffic-free cycling!
- 54th Annual Oktoberfest (Oct. 5 - 6) at Loves Park City Hall - This annual event features live music, German food and beer, wiener dog races and the "Bier Barrel race."
- Fall ArtScene (Oct. 5 - 6) at various locations - Original works of art are showcased at various locations across the Rockford region. It's a great opportunity to purchase artwork!
- Scarecrow Harvest Festival (Oct. 6) at Midway Village Museum - Activities include scarecrow making, expert pumpkin carving demonstrations, games and crafts, Hoo Haven's 'Birds of Prey' exhibit and more!
- Cider n' Cinnamon Arts & Crafts Fair (Oct. 6 - 7) at Edgebrook - More than 70 vendors will be displaying a variety of art, jewelry, crafts, clothing, vintage décor, and so much more.
- Autumn at the Arboretum (Oct. 14) at Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden - Activities include scarecrow building, pumpkin decorating, face painting, horse-drawn wagon rides and even a petting zoo.
- Head of the Rock Regatta (Oct. 14) along the Rock River - This 5,000 meter rowing race features more than 2,000 rowers on the Rock River from Martin Park to the YMCA.
- All Hallows Eve (Oct. 20) at Midway Village Museum - Bring your family to trick or treat in the safety of the charming Victorian Village! More than 20 buildings will be decorated for Halloween.
- A Paranormal Evening with Alice Cooper (Oct. 24) at Coronado Performing Arts Center - Alice Cooper performs his grandly theatrical brand of hard rock with the dark and horror-themed theatrics that he's best known for.
- Spook-Tacular Haunts (Oct. 27) at Anderson Japanese Gardens - Children are invited to come dressed in costume and explore the garden in a new and spooky way! There will be trick or treating and birds in the garden from Hoo Haven.
For more on all there is to do around the Rockford area this Fall, click here.