Stateline High School Football Playoff Dates And Times
It's been a great year for high school football in the Stateline area. The regular season is over and the playoff pairings were announced over the weekend.
We've been covering high school football all season on 1440 WROK and seen some great teams. We'll take a look at one of those teams again, Belvidere North, when we kick off the postseason when they host Grayslake Friday night at 7PM out at Belvidere North High School.
Belvidere North finished the season with a 7-2 record. They lost a close game to Hononegah (9-0) on the road for the Indian's homecoming game and were the unlucky recipient of a Harlem (8-1) team that had everything firing on the correct cylinders a few weeks ago.
They received an 8-seed in the class 6A playoffs, so we should be seeing a great matchup between them and the 9-seed, Grayslake.
Here are the matchups and times for some other stateline schools looking to play their way to the title game in Dekalb over Thanksgiving break.
(2) Hononegah (9-0) vs (31) Plainfield East (5-4) - Hononegah High School - Saturday 2PM
Hononegah has not lost all season but was challenged by both Harlem and Belvidere North in the NIC-10. The only team seeded higher than Hononegah in 7A is Batavia.
(16) Rockford East (5-4) at (1) Cary Grove - Cary Grove High School - Friday 7PM
East just makes the cut after failing to get to 6 wins when they lost a close game to Boylan to close out the regular season.
(8) Belvidere North (7-2) vs (9) Grayslake (7-2) - Belvidere North High School - Friday 7PM
Our matchup for Friday Night Lights on WROK, pregame starts at 6:45. The winner of these two 6A games will meet in the second round.
(3) Harlem (8-1) vs (14) Crystal Lake South (5-4) - Harlem High School - Saturday 7PM
Harlem's only loss of the year was the opening game against Hononegah, where they lost 14-6. The Huskies have gotten stronger through the year. If they stay disciplined, they should be able to record a few more wins.
(5) Rochelle (7-2) vs. (12) Chicago Payton (6-3) - Rochelle High School - Friday 7PM
(10) Boylan (6-3) at (7) Chicago Brooks (6-3) - Brooks High School - Friday 6PM
Boylan draws the short straw when it comes to travel. The Titans have a more than 2 hour drive to their Friday night contest.
(7) Stillman Valley (7-2) vs. (10) Chicago Hyde Park (6-3) - Stillman Valley High School - Saturday 1PM
(1) Byron (9-0) vs (16) Chicago (Catalyst/Maria) (5-4) - Byron High School - Friday 7:30
Byron is one of the strongest teams in the state and has their sights set on a Thanksgiving trip to Dekalb.
(3) Pecatonica [Du-Pec Coop] (8-1) vs (14) Mendota (5-4)
Du-Pec had a great season playing some smaller schools, what kind of test will the bump up in class provide them?
LOOK: Here are the pets banned in each state
How Many of These Undesirable Nicknames for Illinois Towns Have You Heard?