Nine Chicago Area 9/11 Memorials That Are Worth The Drive
Tomorrow is September 11th...As the years go by, it's hard to not sit back and think about where you were on this date back in 2001. Personally, I was at work with the T.V. on as people started to gather around to watch. There was silence, tears and an understanding that things would be forever changed.
We have the Winnebago County 9/11 Memorial which is AMAZING...CLICK HERE.
If you are looking to road trip tomorrow (9/11) or perhaps this weekend to reflect, check out these memorials. Thanks to TIMEOUT:
- Algonquin–Lake in the Hills Firefighters Association 201 N Harrison St, Algonquin
- Carpentersville Fire Department (213 Spring St, Carpentersville)
- College of DuPage (301 S Swift Rd, Addison)
- Commander Dan Shanower Memorial (400 S Eagle St, Naperville)
- Darien–Woodridge Fire Protection District (7550 Lyman Ave, Darien)
- Des Plaines City Hall (1420 Miner St, Des Plaines)
- Frankfort Fire Protection District (333 W Nebraska St, Frankfort)
- Heralds of 9/11 (9525 S Tulley Ave, Oak Lawn)
- Lincolnshire–Riverwoods Fire Protection District (115 Schelter Rd, Lincolnshire)