New Stats For National Taco Day
It's National Taco Day, and a recent survey found only 5% of us DON'T like tacos. 95% of Americans like tacos, and 76% have them at least every few weeks. Here are six more stats from two different National Taco Day surveys:
- According to one survey, our favorite taco filling is carne asada with 26% of the vote. Followed by barbacoa at 24%, chicken at 18%, carnitas at 7% and veggies got 4% of the vote. But the second survey actually found chicken is #1.
- 71% of us prefer tacos over burritos.
- People in the western U.S. are more likely to prefer hard tacos over soft tacos.
- The average hard taco fan eats 7.3 tacos a month, they're more likely to enjoy spicy food, more likely to be a dog person, and more likely to say they're an extrovert.
- The average soft taco fan eats 6.9 tacos a month, is more likely to be a cat person, more likely to be a night owl, and more likely to be in a relationship.
- What goes better with tacos... a beer or a margarita? Margarita was the top answer.