Illinois Venue To Host Biggest Free Outdoor Performing Arts Show
Biggest free outdoor performing arts event ever coming to Illinois venue.
Missing Live Shows Of The Performing Arts
There are several things that people have missed over the last several months. When it comes to free time, going out, being entertained, and enjoying shows are right there on the top of the list.
Events are starting to come back including concerts, festivals, and pretty much anything held outside. The indoor activities have been a little slower going. Places like theaters have been holding off until fall.
That means that shows like plays, musicals, ballets, and other performing arts are still in a holding pattern. Not only are the fans missing it but the performers and crew are itching to get on the big stage once again.
Chicago Live Again Is Coming To Navy Pier
One of my favorite attractions and venues in Chicago just announced an amazing event. It is called Chicago Live Again. It will be held on Friday, September 24th, 5 pm to 8 pm, and Saturday, September 25th noon to 9:30 pm at Navy Pier.
According to navypier.org,
"Making Art. Making History. Catch two days of free outdoor performances from more than 40 of Chicago’s brightest cultural icons–all performing in the same location for the first time ever in one “can’t miss” event!"
Nothing like this has ever happened before in Chicago, Illinois, or anywhere. The event will feature back-to-back shows from start to finish each day. It will have two main stages and several pop-up performances. T
This will give you a special sneak preview of the 2021 Fall Fine Arts Season after months of being dark. The best part, it is completely free to see world-class entertainment.
They suggest bringing a lawn chair and pack a cooler for the day. There will also be food available from local restaurants.
The day will feature Broadway shows, classical music, dance, comedy, opera, drama, rock, jazz, folk, and so much more.
This Historical Event Will Feature Icon Performances
Most of Chicago's world-famous performing companies will be a part of this special day.
This list is amazing...
- Broadway in Chicago (casts from Frozen, Moulin Rouge, Six, Paradise Square)
- Joffrey Ballet
- Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- Chicago Shakespeare Theater
- Steppenwolf Theatre Company
- Second City
- Artists From the Lyric Opera’s Ryan Opera Center
- Teatro Zinzanni
- Old Town School of Folk Music
- Jonas Friddle
- Chicago Children’s Theatre
- Rhodee Castillo and the Garifuna Flava Band
- Harris Theater for Music and Dance
- Nathalie Joachim & Spektral Quartet
- Chicago Fringe Opera’s The Rosina Project
- Porchlight Music Theatre
- Joffrey Academy
- Galaxie Chicago
- Victor Garcia Organ Quintet
- Katie Kadan
- ChiArts Jazz Combo
- Yin He Dance Company
- Hubbard Street Dance Chicago
- Joel Hall Dancers
- South Chicago Dance Theater
- Chicago Opera Theater
- Mandala South Asian Performing Arts
- Puerto Rican Arts Alliance
- Blue Man Group
- Soul Children of Chicago
- Northlight Theatre (cast from Songs From Nobodies)
- Black Ensemble Theater
- Hell in a Handbag ProductionsMuntu Dance Theatre
- Ja'Bowen Dixon
- Giordano Dance Chicago
- Mercury Theater Chicago (casts from Sister Act & Women of Soul)
- About Face Theatre Presents Sha Za
- Kokandy Productions (cast from Hundred Days)
- Buddy Guy’s Nublu Band
- Actors’ Gymnasium
- DJ Readerz
- Chicago Samba
- Chicago Children’s Choir
- The Seldoms
- Meher Dance Company
- Korean Performing Arts Institute Chicago
I would call that a once-in-a-lifetime event.
By the way, the festivities will wrap up with a huge fireworks show.
For more info, HERE.