Illinois Residents Love Live Music Here Are Their Favorite Venues
Rockford is full of music fans, and here are some of their favorite venues to check out live concerts.
Where Do The Residents of Illinois Go To Enjoy Shows?
When it comes to weather in Illinois, we experience all four seasons. For live music fans in the state, that just means more different ways to experience concerts. There are some great outdoor venues and festivals during the summer months. The Land of Lincoln is also home to many indoor locations including theaters, arenas, clubs, and bars for that colder time of year.
RELATED: Popular Live Music Venue Closing In Illinois
I know the places I enjoy going to for shows but I wanted to find out what other people thought. I recently did a social media survey to learn more. Check out the favorite live music venues for the residents in Illinois.
RELATED: New One-Of-A-Kind Music Venue Opened In Illinois
Favorite Live Music Venues In Rockford Area
Here are Illinois' favorite live music venues in and around Rockford.
- BMO Center: Our hometown downtown arena.
- Apollo Theatre: In Belvidere, hopefully, they can come back after the tornado damage.
- Coronado Performing Arts Center: The crown jewel of the Forest City.
- Mary's Place Bar: The premiere venue in Rockford for local and regional original music.
- Neighbor's Bar: Fun neighborhood tavern with local cover bands.
- Sinnissippi Music Shell: Amazing outdoor venue with fun entertainment for the whole family each summer.
- Rhythm Section Amphitheater: This is an exciting new outdoor venue located in Mt. Carroll.
Other Favorite Live Music Venues In Illinois
Of course, there are many other popular live music venues in Illinois. Here are more to add to the list.
- The Vic Theatre (Chicago)
- Joe's Live (Rosemont)
- Riviera Theatre (Chicago)
- Credit Union 1 Amphitheatre (Tinley Park)
- Aragon Ballroom (Chicago)
- Arcada Theater (St. Charles)
- The Forge (Joliet)
- The Piazza (Aurora)
- The Rust Belt (Moline)
- Vibrant Arena (Moline)
Wisconsin Concert Venues Popular With Illinois Residents
If you love going to shows, I highly recommend crossing over the Cheddar Curtain because Wisconsin has many great places to see bands. Here are a couple that are popular with Illinois residents.
- Alpine Valley Music Theatre (East Troy)
- The Sylvee (Madison)
- The Rave (Milwaukee)
Gone But Not Forgotten Live Music Venues In Illinois
These former popular Illinois places for concerts will live in his fans' memories.
- Kryptonite Bar (Rockford)
- Popular Creek Music Theater (Hoffman Estates)
Out-Of-State Honorable Mentions
There were a few mentioned that are world-famous so I decided to count them.
- Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre (Morrison, Colorado)
- The Gorge Amphitheatre (George, Washington)
- Whiskey A Go Go (Hollywood)