Big Changes Coming For The Chicago Bears And NFL
There are some major changes coming to the NFL in the near future that will affect the Chicago Bears.
We currently live in a world with no sports. I never even imagined a time when there would be no games being played.
Since this is an important time of year during the offseason of professional football. The NFL is dominating the headlines. Free agency is about to start, the draft is just around the corner, and the players have a new collective bargaining agreement with the owners.
With this new contract, there will be major changes coming for the league.
According to sbnation.com,
- Change in games - Starting in 2021, teams will play 17 regular-season games, up from 16 and 3 preseason ones, down from 4.
- Expanded playoffs - In this upcoming season, 14 teams make the playoffs instead of just 12.
- Roster increase - Active roster 53 to 55, practice squad 12 to 14.
- New rules for marijuana - Since many states now have legalized weed, the league will adjust some of the regulations.
- Financial updates - There's also changes with the players' profit share percentage, rookie contracts, salary raises, and fewer fines.
It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.
Video: Green Bay Packer Dean Lowry discusses going from Rockford, Illinois to the NFL