List of Best Schools In Illinois for 2022 Is Out, Where Does Yours Rank?
The list of Illinois' best school districts and individual schools for 2022 has just been released. It is curated by NICHE through the analysis of both academic and student life data via the U.S. Department of Education. The factors used to determine a district's rating include its academics. teachers, culture and diversity, a parent/student survey on the overall experience, health and safety, resources and facilities, clubs and activities, and sports. The bulk of the grade comes from academics and teachers, which adds up to 65% of the grade.
Before a review of the best school overall district in the greater Rockford area, here are some interesting notes about other categories.
- Rockford Public School District 205 is #6 for 'most diverse school district' in Illinois, and Freeport is #19.
- Byron Community Unit School District No. 226 is #25 for 'best places to teach' in Illinois.
- Byron CUSD is also #12 for 'best teachers' in Illinois.
- Byron CUSD is also #22 for 'best districts for athletes' in Illinois.
- Pecatonica Community Unit District No. 321 is the #4 safest school district in Illinois, and Winnebago is #26.
A school district in the Greater Rockford area topped the list as one of the best in the state but did not land in the top 5. Those bragging rights belong to:
#5: Township High School District (Highland Park)
#4: New Trier Township High School District (Northfield)
#3: Community High School District (Vernon Hills)
#2: Glenbrook High Schools District (Glenview)
#1: Adlai E. Stevenson High School District (Lincolnshire)
The highest-rated district in the Greater Rockford area is Byron Community Unit School District.
Byron received an "A" in all the factors. Two of the district's schools earned honors as well, including Mary Morgan Elementary School and Byron Middle School.
Both schools received the number #1 ranking in the Rockford area for their respective (elementary and middle school) categories. Byron High School was #3 in the greater Rockford Area.
LOOK: Here are the 25 best places to live in Illinois
The 25 Most Dangerous Towns in Illinois