6 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Leave the Bar Before Close
"You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here" are the greatest words of all time.
Have you ever had a moment when you open up an article on the internet and you realize, 'it's like they wrote it for me!'
Well, that just happened. This original article on Thrillist.com is speaking my language. It's smelling what I'm stepping in. It's picking up what I'm throwing down. Ok, I think you've got my point.
There are so many reasons why you should never, EVER leave a bar early. When the clock gets closer and closer to closing time, that's when the magic happens.
As a former bartender and wife of a current bartender, we can tell you that absolutely everything on this list is 100 percent true.
1. Because there might be a secret after-party
Trust me, there is always a secret after party. Usually sometime between last call and leaving the bar is when the secret invites happen. You will miss them if you leave before hand. Honestly, 90 percent of the time, the after party is at my house.
2. Because saying "I want to get up early because I've lot of stuff I want to take care of tomorrow" could be hazardous to your health
Let's face it, you aren't going to do what you have planned tomorrow. That's why you went to the bar anyways isn't it?
3. Because you're going to sleep late anyway
Leave at 1 or leave at 4, you're still not getting out of bed 'til at least 11. (Thrillist got that one right!)
4. Because you'll miss the bar-wide singalong to "Don't Stop Believing"
Every jukebox in the land has Journey's classic. Every karaoke singer's dream. Sing you mighty beasts, sing.
5. Because you get to eat late-night pizza
Pizza is the world's best late-night snack, dinner, breakfast...
And of course, the best on the list:
6. Because if everybody goes home before closing time they'll start making closing time earlier
If you would like to read the entire list of 18 Reasons You Should Never Go Home 'Til Closing Time you can read that here.