28 Percent of Americans Are Currently in a Sexual Dry Spell
Has it been more than five months since you've had any action between the sheets? According to a new poll that's the point when you've officially hit a sexual "dry spell."
But if you qualify, don't worry, because you're not alone. 28% of American adults are currently in a dry spell. Here are six more stats from the survey:
- The average dry spell lasts 11 months. 10 months for men, and 12 for women.
- The top causes are relationship troubles... not being focused on sex... being in a long-distance relationship... and having a busy work schedule.
- The average American will go through four dry spells in their life.
- A dry spell isn't always a bad thing. 49% of Americans think it can be beneficial. 27% said they've come out of it with a better understanding of who they are . . . 26% got to spend more time with friends... and 25% said it saved them money.
- In a perfect world, the average American would like to have sex three times a week. So if the average dry spell lasts 11 months, that's 132 missed opportunities.
- And 18% of Americans have reached out to an ex during a dry spell.
Read more at One Poll.