11 Top Rated Christmas Movies Based In Illinois
Here are the most famous Christmas movies based in Illinois.
Movies A Big Part Of Christmas
One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is all the legendary Christmas movies. There are so many good ones. I have a few that are required to watch every year. It seems like each year I add another one. Some of those are "A Christmas Story," "Christmas Vacation," "Elf," and "Bad Santa" to just name a few.
Christmas Movies Based In Illinois
Several have been filmed in Illinois and Chicago like "Home Alone" and "Fred Claus" What are the best ones that have taken place here? That would be a nice little debate. Luckily, someone has already ranked them for us. That way we can avoid arguing with each other.
Top Rated Christmas Movies From Illinois
According to timeout.com,
"We may not have Rockefeller Center, or the Rockettes, or Central Park in the snow, but we sure do have a (surprisingly) long list of holiday movies that take place among our city's string light-bedecked streets. In honor of the holiday spirit, we've assembled a roster of the all-time best holiday movies set in Chicago for your viewing pleasure this winter."
11. Fred Claus - Vince Vaughn as Santa's brother is an underrated classic.
10. The Holidate - Netflix original that got really bad reviews. I've avoided it up to this point.
9. Christmas with the Kranks - Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis are the stars. It's in my regular rotation.
8. A Bad Moms Christmas - Very funny movie that I will watch outside of the holiday season.
7. Office Christmas Party - I'll watch it every time I run into it while channel surfing.
6. The Christmas Chronicles - Another Netflix movie. I haven't seen it yet but I've heard good things. There's a good chance it will be added to the rotation this year.
5. The Princess Switch - Sorry, I've never heard of this one.
4. Nothing Like The Holidays - Another one I don't know anything about.
3. Happy Christmas - Let's make that three in a row not on my radar.
2. National Lampoons Christmas Vacation - Definitely should be number one on this list and possibly of all-time.
1. Home Alone - It's a classic for the whole family.
I don't necessarily agree with their list but there are some good ones included.