Where Could You Open A Cobra Kai Dojo In Rockford?
If Cobra Kai opened a new dojo in Rockford, where would be a good place for it?
I just read some great news from eonline.com,
"Karate Kid's Ralph Macchio and William Zabka are reuniting for a new TV series, Cobra Kai, a half-hour serialized show coming to YouTube Red in 2018."
"Cobra Kai takes place 30 years after the events of the 1984 All Valley Karate Tournament."
It got me thinking. If this show is successful. Would it be possible to take the Cobra Kai brand and make it into a real karate dojo chain? Could Rockford be home to one of those franchises?
If a Cobra Kai Dojo opened in Rockford, where you be a good place for it? There are several empty buildings in the area to choose from.
- Times Theater - Downtown would be a good location.
- Circuit City - Along East State Street, that whole strip mall is empty.
- Machesney Park Mall - There is plenty of open space there.
- Hilander on Rural - Easy access for that neighborhood.
- Gordman's - Not far from I-90 at Perryville and East State.
- Hilander on South Alpine - Another great neighborhood location
- Menard's on 173 - Good traffic goes by this spot
- K-Mart on Forest Hills Road - Has been available for years.
- MC Sports - Right by the mall could attract some members.
- Armory - Would be big enough to hold tournaments.
Where do you think would be a good place for it?
I'm pretty excited about the new show, especially if they can bring back Elisabeth Shue to reprise her role as "Ali."
Video: Karate Kid, Daniel visits Cobra Kai
Video: Miles Nielsen