‘The Fried Chicken King’ Is Coming to Rockford…Or is It?
On Thursday fried chicken lovers all over Rockford were freaking out about news that a popular Chicago restaurant was coming to town, but after reading this Rockford Register Star article, I am completely confused.
First, let's go through the facts presented:
- WIFR reports; "Harold’s Chicken Shack is coming to Rockford, according to city of Rockford leaders. The restaurant will open at 109 N. Showplace Dr. near the Showplace 16 movie theater."
- There is an actual sign hanging on the building at 109 N. Showokace Dr. that says "Harold's Chicken Coming Soon"
Those two facts alone look like solid proof that Rockford is getting a Harold's Chicken, right? Maybe not...here's why:
- No news outlet is reporting an official statement from the Harold's Chicken Corporation, and no information about it can be found on their website.
- No timetable has been provided for when the restaurant would open.
- The RRStar says "Einar Forsman, president and CEO of the Rockford Chamber of Commerce, said his office received a call from the brand’s corporate headquarters Thursday to alert chamber officials that the location is not part of the company’s network.
So...what's up then? Here's what I think...a new fried chicken restaurant will be coming to Rockford by Showplace 16, but it is not an official Harold's Chicken franchise store. Are they an imposter? Will the food still taste as good? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Catch Lil Zim on ‘Q98.5 Mornings with Lil Zim & JB’ on Q98.5 from 5:00 a.m. to 10 a.m. Follow her on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook