Ten Most Common “Rules of the House” When They Were a Kid
If you grew up in a house with rules, chances are you had to follow at least a few of these rules, if not all. I had to follow all of these growing up.
- You can't play until you finish your homework: 43% of people had to follow this rule.
- No TV until ALL homework is done: 37% said yes to this one.
- You don't get to leave the table until you eat all of your vegetables : 35% said they had to sit at the table all night.
- No sweets until after dinner: 34% had to wait for days.
- A Time Limit for the family TV on school nights: 30% said they had to stop watching when they had their time run out.
- Finish everything on your plate, even if it is "gross": 29% had to eat brussel sprouts and asparagus.
- No fun stuff until you finish your chores: 28% had to bust their ass to go to the movies.
- No snacks right before dinner: 27% had to starve while the house smelled of chicken and potatoes.
- Be home before the streetlights come on: Contrary to popular belief, only about 27% had to follow this one.
- No eating in your bedroom: 25% of us weren't allowed to do this, but 25% of broke this one.
Read more at SWNS
Enter your number to get our free mobile app