Stop Wasting Your Money on Everyday Items
Seriously, stop wasting your money on these 10 different items you use every day.
I've always thought about winning the lottery. I'm not asking for millions, just maybe $10,000 so I can pay off some of the wedding and get all of my bills up to date. I'm not asking for much am I?
I realized thanks to thrillist.com that I could save quite a bit of money if I spent my money differently each day. Thrillist.com spills secrets, does the number crunching and gives us 10 Ways We Are Wasting Our Money. I picked out my favorite five from the list. (But let us be honest here, an cool extra $10,000 sure sounds nice.)
1. Stop Paying ATM fees
I'd have to agree on this one. Who hasn't gone to the 'wrong' ATM and had to pay for a service charge just to get a twenty out?
- What you spend now, annually: $66.61
- What you should spend: Nothing at all
- Over 30 years you will save: $1,998.20
2. Buying Bread
My soon-to-be-husband's grandfather makes his own bread. It's only four ingredients and it is amazing. I think I could pick his brain for the recipe. He always raves to me about how cheaply he bought his 40 pound bag of flour.
- What you spend now, annually: $160
- What you should spend: $48
- Over 20 years you will save: $2,240
3. Stop Not Bringing Lunch to Work
I'm so guilty. Half of the time I don't have time to go grocery shopping, or I forget my lunch at home all together. Look's like I'll have to stop eating out.
- What you spend now, annually: $1,040
- What you should spend: $208
- Over 20 years you will save: $16,640
4. Cup of Coffee a Day at a Coffee Shop
I love my Starbucks from time to time, but lucky for me... I don't like coffee! But I assume this would be similar to my Diet Coke addiction.
- What you spend daily: $4.14
- What you should spend: Nothing or 18 cents a cup if you get it from the office coffee maker.
- Over 10 years you will save: $14,454
- What you spend now, annually: $231
- What you should spend: $0
- Over 20 years you will save: $5,700
Well... I suppose I should try really hard to stop wasting all this money and taking this friendly advice.
Or, I could just win $10,000! Lucky for you I can't because I work here. Make sure to sign up for our Eagle VIP club because we are giving you a chance to win $10,000!