Stop Feeding Your Dog These 10 Different Table Foods
Put the doggy food in the bowl, not these ten human foods.
Fido loves to eat from the dinner table, and in some cases that is harmless to your pooch.
I've known many people who toss their scraps from dinner onto the floor for their pup. I've even known some dogs who eat better than I do! I'm talking salmon steaks and hamburgers everyday! Yet, you want to make sure you stay away from a few of your favorite foods.
According to answers.com, not all table foods are created equally. They can make your doggy really sick.
1. Raw Eggs: Just like humans, raw eggs present the risk of salmonella. Dogs have smaller digestive tracks and are less susceptible to food poisoning, it is still possible. Raw eggs can also lead to skin problems in dogs.
2. Onions and Garlic: In large quantities, both onions and garlic can damage your pet's blood cells, as well as cause gastrointestinal problems.
3. Chocolate: Many dog owners already know that chocolate is a no-no. Reason being is that chocolate contains an ingredient, theobromine, which can lead to vomiting, seizures, and even death.
4. Sugar: Sugar can cause diabetes, poor teeth and weight problems just as it does in humans.
5. Avacado: The yummy green stuff contains an ingredient called persin. If the dog eats it, it can lead to an early death.
6. Alcohol: We've all seen the videos online where dog owners let their pups sip on their cold beer. This is a big no-no. Alcohol has the same effect on animals as it does humans, but faster and quicker due to their smaller size. This could lead to comas and breathing problems.
7. Grapes: I would have never thought of this one being bad, but turns out it is. Grapes can lead to lethargy, vomiting, and kidney failure.
8. Moldy Foods: This one should be a no brainer. You wouldn't eat it, so why feed it to your pup. Dogs eating moldy food could experience convulsions and body tremors.
9. Coffee: This has the same type of effect as chocolate.
10. Macadamia Nuts: Just a couple of bites of the nuts alone can lead to can lead to some serious problems, including paralysis and heart failure.
Make sure to stay away from these foods for a healthy pup.