IL City Demands More Cowbell & 5 Other Essential Improvements
Over the past few years in Illinois, the city of Rockford has improved quite a bit but what would make it even better?
Rockford, Illinois Is Better But Not Perfect
I've been living in Rockford for a long time. When I first came here in the early 1990s, the city was struggling. Over the past couple of years, our town has come a long way. Of course, nowhere is perfect. I wanted to know what else the Forest City would need to take it to the next level. I recently conducted a survey on social media and got some great suggestions. To see the full list, check it out, HERE.
5 Things Rockford Needs More Of (Besides More Cowbell)
I was interested in what people would say for their answers. I wonder if anyone would take it seriously. Honestly, I really expected most of the responses to be negative. They actually weren't as bad as I would've predicted. There were even a couple of funny ones too. Here are the highlights. They aren't in any particular order.
Bonus More Cowbell
- I thought this was an entertaining suggestion. Of course, the person was trying to be funny. Not sure if they knew it or not but this is a Rockford IceHogs reference. Cowbells are a "thing" for fans down at the BMO Center
# 1 More Police
- I can agree with this choice. I don't think there's ever been enough officers in this town. I think adding more cops could bring more peace, safety, law enforcement, and order.
# 2 More Entertainment For All Ages
- I think if you take the time and look into it, there is some great entertainment in this area. The interesting part is pretty much every age group says there isn't enough of their demographic.
# 3 Better Roads
I think this one is a work in progress. There have been many projects over the last couple of years. They're slowly fixing our streets and making it easier to drive around town.
# 4 Healthier Eating Options
- I can agree with this suggestion. It doesn't seem like there are many places to get healthy food items in either stores or restaurants. It definitely wouldn't hurt to add some more options.
# 5 Better Drivers
- I might put this one towards the top of the list. There are definitely many bad and reckless drivers flying around Rockford and causing several accidents. I would include not knowing how to drive on a roundabout.
Can You Identify These 20 Intersections in Rockford?
Gallery Credit: Google Street View