Ignore The Negative People, Here’s 5 Reasons To Love Rockford
Even though plenty of hostile residents have nothing good to say about Rockford, I suggest ignoring their bad attitudes and checking out these fantastic reasons to love our city.
What's With All The Negativity In Rockford?
This is something I discovered immediately when moving to Rockford. Many of the people are so darn negative. It wouldn't matter if the Forest City was voted the greatest place in the world with absolutely no problems, they would still hate the town. If you ask them why, their answer is usually something like "It sucks because it sucks."
No City Is Perfect In Illinois Or Anywhere Else
Of course, there are many residents who suffer from "the grass is always greener on the other side" syndrome. Unfortunately, several of them haven't been anywhere else to compare it to except maybe the Wisconsin Dells. Guess what? They just have a case of the negative attitudes. Nowhere is perfect. Not even majestic cities like Naperville.
If you don't believe me about the grouches, check out their posts, HERE. They couldn't even answer the question the correct way in my social media survey. I asked them to "name something you love about Rockford. "They had to drag in the negativity and ruin it for everyone else.
Many Residents Love Living In Rockford
The negative people always make more noise because they're miserable and want to force those feelings on everyone else. I've been in Rockford for thirty years and I enjoy living here. There are many good things about this community. In fact, the city keeps improving all the time. Screw City has come a long way since I moved here a long time ago.
Five Reasons To Love Rockford
If you find it difficult to love Rockford, I've got five reasons you should think about. I believe they could change your mind.
# 1 People
- There are so many good people that live in Rockford. They are willing to go above and beyond for their community. Think about all of your family, friends, and co-workers. That's lots of amazing memories.
# 2 Food
- I think it's cool that a lot of people mentioned the food. We are lucky to have so many delicious locally-owned restaurants in our community featuring different styles and flavors. Of course, the pizza is top-notch.
# 3 Entertainment
- I just shake my head when people say there's nothing to do in Rockford. What, do you live in a cave? The city is loaded with talented musicians, artists, comedians, actors, and so much more. How about the festivals, markets, and fairs?
# 4 The Great Outdoors
- If you're more of a nature-type person, don't worry we have you covered with parks, bike baths, and the Rock River to just name a few.
# 5 Home
- Rockford is home. You can't tell me you really hate your home. If you do, then you might want to leave because there's nothing for you here. Home is what you make it and you're stinking it up for the rest of us.