Need A Good Laugh, Check Out These Hilarious Laws In Illinois
There are some dumb laws in the state of Illinois that you can easily break and get arrested for.
We Have Laws In Illinois For A Reason
Laws are made to protect us. Well, that's what I use to think.
When I started looking at some in the state of Illinois, I found so very unique ones.
It makes me think, how did they even come up with them.
They gave me a big chuckle after reading them
Funny Laws In Illinois
Here's a list of strange laws in Illinois.
- Those under 21 can drink legally, but they must be enrolled in a culinary program to do so. It seems like every cooking show I've ever watched, the chefs are always drinking, so it must be a requirement.
- It is illegal to hang “obstructions” from the rearview mirror, including fuzzy dice, air fresheners, GPS units, etc. I definitely would have gotten a ticket for this back in the day. I always had something hanging down.
- You may be arrested for vagrancy if you do not have at least one dollar bill on your person. I could get busted for this right now.
- You must contact the police before entering the city in an automobile. I think it's a safe bet to say the police would like you to skip this one.
- The English language is not to be spoken. Does Ex-President Trump know about this one?
- In Chicago, Law forbids eating in a place that is on fire. I actually agree with this one.
- In Chicago, It is illegal to give a dog whiskey. Especially, if it's a seeing-eye dog.
- In Chicago, It is forbidden to fish while sitting on a giraffe’s neck. Honestly, I don't think I would be able to do both at the same time.
- In Chicago, Kites may not be flown within the city limits. It's the Windy City, so you might end up like that old guy in the movie "Up."
- In the Pullman area of Chicago, it is illegal to drink beer out of a bucket while sitting on the curb. It tastes much better served in a frosty mug.
- In Cicero, Humming on public streets is prohibited on Sundays. That does get very annoying.
- In Crete, Cars may not be driven through the town. They must sell a lot of bicycles there.
- In Crystal Lake, If one wishes to plant new sod in his or her yard in the summer months, that person may not use the city’s water to water it. You're going to need a really big bucket.
- In Des Plaines, Wheelbarrows with For-Sale signs may not be chained to trees. I heard this can become a real problem because so many people do it.
- In Evanston, Bowling is forbidden. Now, that's just anti-American.
- In Evanston, It is unlawful to change clothes in an automobile with the curtains drawn, except in case of fire. That's just confusing.
- In Freeport, You must move your car back and forth every day for 4 months out of the year regardless of weather conditions. They do things differently in The Port.
- In Galesburg, No person may keep a smelly dog. What about people?
- In Galesburg, No bicyclist may practice “fancy riding” on any city street. I could have used this in my hometown. I wouldn't have broken my wrist in 3rd grade.
- In Horner, It is against the law to use a slingshot unless you are a law enforcement officer. Forget tasers, this is the way to go.
- In Joliet, Town fathers, reflecting the pet peeve of hearing their town’s name mispronounced ‘Jolly-ETTE’ when all local folk knows it’s pronounced ‘Joe-lee-ETTE’, made pronouncing it Jolly-ette a misdemeanor, punishable by a $5 fine. Now that's taking things personally.
- In Kenilworth, A rooster must step back three hundred feet from any residence if he wishes to crow. They can hang with the smokers.
- In Kirkland, Bees are not allowed to fly over the village or through any of Kirkland's streets. If they can enforce it, they would be considered geniuses.
- In Moline, Ice skating at the Riverside pond during the months of June and August is prohibited. DUH!
- In Normal, It is against the law to make faces at dogs. Glad they are against this because that's just downright mean.
- Orland Park, No pool tables are allowed in a public establishment because it supports gambling. They must not have slot machine parlors.
- In Ottawa, Spitting on the sidewalk is a criminal offense. Focusing on the hard crime.
- In Park Ridge, Trucks may only park inside closed garages. They must have a lot of big garages there.
- In Peoria, Basketball hoops may not be installed on a driveway. Most of the houses on my block would be in trouble.
- In Rock Island, Citizens are taxed because it rains on their property. It must get expensive in April because "April Showers Bring May Flowers."
- In Zion, It is illegal for anyone to give lighted cigars to dogs, cats, or any other domesticated animals. It's too hard to hold it in their paws.
I don't think these are really enforced, but it's pretty funny to read about.
LOOK: The least obedient dog breeds
Can You Identify These 20 Intersections in Rockford?
Rockford has some weird intersections as well as "worst" intersections. Test your knowledge and see if you can correctly name all 20 of these interactions in the forest city.