Kid Friendly Halloween Movies
Halloween is the time of year where you want to be scared. Horror movies are a must, but what if you have little ones. Or better yet, little ones who don't share your same love of horror. No worries, you do have options!
There are quite a few movies out that are kid friendly, yet still keep with the spirit of All Hallows Eve! As a mother of two girls who don't share the same love of horror films that I do, I've had to edit my Halloween movie viewing list. So I've done the leg work for you and found some Halloween movies that won't completely scare the hell out of your kids!
From redbookmag.com: "34 of the All-Time Best Halloween Movies for Kids"
- It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
- Halloween is Grinch Night
- E.T. The Extra-Terrestrail
- Scooby-Doo: Halloween Hassles at Dracula's Castle
- Casper Meets Wedny
- Monster Squad
- The Witches
- The Addams Family
- Hocus Pocus
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- James and the Giant Peach
- The Little Ghost
- Phantom of the Megaplex
- The Little Vampire
- Monsters, Inc.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
- The Haunted Mansion
- Corpse Bride
- Pooh's Heffalump Halloween Movie
- Spookley: The Square Pumpkin
- Wallace and Gromit: The Cures of the Were-Rabbit
- Monster House
- Mom's Date with a Vampire
- Hotel Transylvania
- Spooky Buddies
- Curious George: A Halloween Boo Fest
I also like these that weren't included in their list:
- Scared Shrekless
- Ernst Scared Stupid
- Toy Story of Terror
Hope this helps with your Halloween movie options with the family!