IL Suicide Awareness Event This Sun To Benefit K9s For Veterans
Here's a chance to have some fun while helping out an important cause.
Support Is Needed For Suicide Awareness And Prevention
Suicide is a serious problem in our society. I believe with the right programs and support many of them could've been prevented. I lost a friend in college. He was only 20 years old. That is just one of thousands and thousands of similar sad stories in the world today. Here is an opportunity to help. Plus, you can have some fun while participating.
Details For The Event Benefiting K9s For Veterans
- We Are In This Together A Suicide Awareness And Prevention Ride (more info HERE).
- All vehicles are invited to participate.
- Sunday, July 31st.
- Registration starts at 10:30 am.
- Kickstand up at noon.
- Police escort.
- $30 per person HERE.
- Starting at Woodstock Harley Davidson.
- Taking backroads.
- Ending at Rockford Speedway for the event.
- Benefits K9s For Veterans (providing service dogs for veterans with PTSD) more info HERE.
- Hosted by Suicide Awareness And Prevention Rides more info HERE.
- If you can't come to the ride, you can still make a donation HERE.
K9s for Veterans mission is to help veterans with post traumatic stress disorder transition back to civilian life once their military service has ended with the help of trained service dogs. We are committed to educating the public about the plight of veterans with PTSD and streamlining the process for them to get service dogs, so they get the help they need... Before it’s too late.
As most know, this meaning is to never forget the fallen men and women who have sacrificed their lives in the line of duty. Now I want to add on to this meaning to never forget the men and women who lost their lives to suicide. 22 soldiers a day fall to suicide and it is 22 to many.